Collectors and dealers around the world rely on the Friedberg Numbering System to systematically identify and study any gold coin ever made. Now, the Friedberg legacy is renewed yet again with the all-new, ninth edition of Gold Coins of the World. Three years in the making, the newest edition calls on the expertise of a numismatic who’s-who of more than 100 expert contributors and consultants from across the globe.
- Now, bigger and more complete than ever!
- On 5 Continents.
- In more than 50 countries.
- 832 pages, completely revised and updated.
- More than 8,000 photos, nearly all of them new.
- 22,000+ listings of coin types, with sections expanded and many new discoveries.
- From the 6th century B.C. to date — over 2,500 years of gold coinage from ancient Greece to Zanzibar.
- The universally-used Friedberg Numbering System: The world’s standard method of cataloging, describing, buying and selling gold coins.
- Contemporary (post-1950) coinage now integrated in alphabetical order with all other issues.
- Tables of weight and fineness with each country. Market valuations in two states of preservation.
- A directory of the world’s leading gold coin dealers and auction houses.
- Unsurpassed in content and scope. A must for every collector, dealer and library.
- Hard cover, sewn binding. 11 3/4 x 8 1/4 inches (A4)
If this item is shown out of stock on our website, please contact Customer Service at 800-572-6885 or 937-498-0831, fax at 800-488-5349 or 937-498-8087, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order.