This year celebrates another milestone in the 150-year history of the Scott catalogs. The 2019 volumes are the 175th edition of the Scott Standard Postage Stamp Catalogue. Vol. 5A includes listings for countries of the world N through the Philippines. Listings for countries of the world Pitcairn Islands through Samoa can be found in Vol. 5B.
Contains Stamp Information on the following Countries:
Namibia - Nauru - Nepal - Netherlands - Nevis - New Caledonia - New Zealand - Nicaragua - Niger - Nigeria - Niue - Norfolk Island - Norway - Oman - Pakistan - Palau - Palestinian Authority - Panama - Papua New Guinea - Paraguay - Penrhyn Island - Peru - Philippines - Pitcairn Islands - Poland - Portugal - Portugal (Azores) - Portugal (Maderia) - Aatar - Romania - Russia - Rwanda - St. Helena - St. Kitts - St. Lucia - St. Martin - St. Pierre & Miquelon - St. Thomas & Prince - St. Vincent - St. Vincent Grenadines - El Salvador - Samoa
Select Editorial Enhancements for Volume 5A:
- Nepal: The 1898 1/2-anna black with blurry impressions was added as major number 12B
- Netherlands: Several footnotes within the Netherlands listings were expanded and updated. Particularly noteworthy are newly added footnotes for coil stmaps that were made from sheet stamps
- Nicaragua: For many years, the Scott editors have reserved numbers for a set of six stamps overprinted in red or silver for the Year of Liberation and the 1980 Olympic Games. The stamps with the red overprint are now listed as Scott 1102 and 1102A-1102E. The stamps with silver overprints are assigned minor numbers 1102f-1102k. Nos. 1102f-1102k were not issued without the overprints
- Philippines: Many editorial changes have been installed, including minor number listings for a watermark variety that has been added to the catalog
Select Editorial Enhancements for Volume 5B:
- Poland: Single stamps for the 2009 Wladyslaw Hasior issue are Scott 3930A-3930D; these additions required renumbering the Hasior souvenir sheet from 3931 to 3930De. Scott 4146a is assigned to the 2014 Fish souvenir sheet of eight (Nos. 4139-4146) with four labels.
- Portugal: New overprint varieties have been added to the listings for the surcharged 1911 Vasco da Gama stamps (Scott 185-192 and 199-206). Minor numbers have been assigned for year dates among the Buildings definitive stamps of 1972-73 and 1974. Five inverted overprint errors of the 1910 postage due set enter the 2019 catalog as Scott J14a, J15a, and J17a-J19a.