Slightly more value changes (1,022) were made in United States for Vol. 1A of the 2018 Scott Standard catalog than were made last year (783), with greater numbers of changes made in all categories from Postage through Stamped Envelopes (cut squares). Once again, there are few changes in the Postage areas through No. 771. Dealers have not raised prices, and at auction, true very fine stamps are realizing prices close to Scott values, with higher grades realizing more. A few items show slight value declines, and a very few show increases.
Contains Stamp Information on the following Countries:
United States - Afghanistan - Aitutaki - Albania - Algeria - Andorra (French / Spanish) - Angola - Anguilla - Antigua - Argentina - Armenia - Aruba - Ascension - Australia - Australian Antarctic Territory - Austria - Azerbaijan - Bahamas - Bahrain - Bangladesh - Barbados - Barbuda - Belarus - Belgium - Belize - Benin - Bermuda - Bhutan - Bolivia - Bosnia & Herzegovina - Botswana - Brazil - British Antactic Territory - British Indian Ocean Territory - Brunei - Bulgaria - Burkina Gaso - Burma - Burundi and the following entities: United Nations - New York, United Nations - Geneva, United Nations - Vienna.
Updates and Changes for 2018
- Slightly more value changes (1,022) were made in United States for Vol. 1A of the 2018 Scott Standard catalog than were made last year (783), with greater numbers of changes made in all categories from Postage through Stamped Envelopes (cut squares)
- Official stamps performed well, because some quality examples made their way to the marketplace. The scarcer Official special printings did especially well.
- More than 750 value changes are recorded for French Andorra, and the bulk of these changes are seen among stamps issued during 1976-2010
- Angola received a thorough review this year, resulting in almost 2,700 value changes, which reflect mostly downward movement. Scattered increases can be found among the scarce issues and varieties
- Much new work has been done on the Computer Vended Postage section, mostly in clarifying listings and footnotes
- A bump in collector interest for Barbuda prompted the editors to do a careful review, which resulted in somewhat more than 2,000 value changes
The 2018 edition of the Scott Standard Postage Stamp Catalogue celebrates the 150th anniversary of the Scott catalogs. The title pages of this volume and other volumes in the 2018 Scott Standard catalog state that this is the 174th edition of the catalogs (and it is). In September 1868, John Walter Scott published his first stamp catalog. The catalog, titled A Descriptive Catalogue of America and Foreign Postage Stamps, Issued from 1840 to Date, is considered to be the first Scott stamp catalog
Browse all 2018 Edition Scott Catalogues
Need help ordering? Contact Customer Service by phone at at 800-572-6885 or email email@example.com